Badminton Racket First Impressions: Mizuno Tetracross 700

I'm a big Mizuno fan. I've got a tonne of their shirts, and I've converted to using their shoes because they're so light weight and fast.

Now I've got my hand on a Tetracross 700, in all its green, green glory, and went out to the courts to test it out. 

Before that I've done some juggling in the room with the racket. It felt fast and very even-balanced. I got the sensation with the Yonex ArcSaber 10PG, and that's always a good sign since I'm very comfortable with the AS10.

But experience in the court proved to be very different. The TC700 lacked the power that came with the AS10, and it puzzled me why I wasn't able to send the shuttles to the back of the court. 

After two games, the Mizuno Tetracross 700 had to be switched out to the more comfortable Carlton Fireblade FX8.

It's fast and all - a good defensive racket - but the lack of ability to send the shuttle as far as I wanted to really kills it.

More to come.


0 comments:

Post a Comment