Yonex Voltric Z-Force: 3U versus 4U

Before the review of the Voltric Z-Force, and inspired by a question by a visitor, I thought I'd put up the noticeable differences that I felt when using the 3U and 4U versions of the Yonex Voltric Z-Force.

This is probably the only racket that I've had the chance to try out both versions, thanks to the special characteristic of the racket that feels like a 80/20 head-heavy distribution. It makes one curious, that's what it does.

That is common with both versions. As expected from a 4U racket, the swings are slightly faster, but the raw power that comes with the 3U seems slightly faded. When wielding a 4U racket, the swings also seem more manageable and my shots more controllable.

The Yonex Voltric Z-Force has a slightly flexible shaft, and that translates great for wrist players. The 3U racket offers an AMAZING drive speed, and I really enjoyed performing those from the back of the court. The ease at which I can fire the shuttle is very remarkable.

That lack of work due to the head-heaviness was lacking in the 4U version, however, which performed weaker in drive speed and clearance distance.

Defense-wise it's hell on both accounts. The awkward weight distribution of both versions makes it a chore to defend with. However swift it is, I still can't compare this with my other head-heavy rackets although if you get there the weight of the head gives you a little boost to your blocks and clears.

One last point to make is the 3U version feels more tiring to use. A lot more. The weighted swings come down fast and hard, and takes a steady and resilient arm to utilize.

I'm not usually a heavy smasher, so I'm sticking with the 4U version. People with enough energy and want to smash a hole through your opponent's defense should try the 3U version. Put a little more wrist into it and you'll see the flex of the racket come into work to give you that awesome 19KGf marketing claim by Yonex.

0 comments:

Post a Comment